SLVMS Panther Club
The Panther Club is the SLVMS Parent Club dedicated to supporting the students, staff and teachers at SLVMS. All parents and guardians of our middle school students are welcome as members of our nonprofit parent/teacher organization. Throughout the year we provide support to these various groups by providing much needed assistance. If you would like to get involved please join us at our monthly meeting in the Teacher/Staff lounge. We would love to see you there.
Signup for our mailing list and we'll keep you up to date.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SLVMSPantherClub/
Meetings: First Tuesday of the Month at 7pm
- Location: SLVMS Library and/or virtually at http://meet.slvmspantherclub.com. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the phone dial-in info.)
- When: General meetings are the first Tuesday of September through May at 7pm. If the 1st Tuesday is a district holiday, the meeting is the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
- Who: Every parent and teacher of SLVMS are welcome and encouraged to join. Mr. Redfern & the Panther board are always present.
- What: You are welcome to listen or bring ideas. Please email new/desired agenda items one week prior to meeting to email@example.com.
- Please join our dine-outs!
Primary Purposes of the SLVMS Panther Club
- To support the students of San Lorenzo Valley Middle School (SLVMS).
- To support the teachers, administration, and staff in fulfilling the school’s mission of: “Working together to ensure all students learn.”
- To promote cooperation among parents/guardians, teachers, staff and administration.
- To encourage active participation in SLVMS by students and active support from the community.
- To fund-raise to enable The Panther Club to fulfill the above objectives.
Ways To Help Support Panther Club & SLVMS
- Volunteer - Come to a meeting or email us -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a donation ($50/family/year is requested) -- Donate
- Buy 10 Drive For Schools Tickets ($50) for a chance to win a Outback, Prius, $25k and other prizes
- Shop Amazon using Amazon Smile -- Click here to help Panther Club & SLVMS!
- Classroom Donations -- Handwipes, hand sanitizer and Kleenex are always welcome. Please drop your donations off in the office.
- Boxtops -- Now you can receive bonus box tops credits to our school directly when you shop at Safeway! Visit www.2ways2earn.com for more details and be sure to sign up for more special offers at www.boxtops4education.com. Our school ID# 310911. Contact email@example.com for more info. Keep on clippin’!
What We Do
Throughout the year, the Panther Club (SLVMS parent group) sponsors or provides volunteers for a wide variety of events and activities. If you have an idea that you think will help, let us know. We would love to hear from you.
Below are descriptions of some of the events and fundraisers that we have planned.
Ben Lomond Market – Ongoing. BLM has a shopping rewards program that donates money to local schools. Please assign SLVMS to your card. You MUST use your BLM card for the school to get credit. Simply giving them your phone number at the register will not assign credit to our school.
Wild Roots Market - Buy a gift card under the SLVMS code prior to your purchase and Wild Roots donates 5% of your card to SLVMS Panther Club.
Drive for Schools Fundraiser - October. Annual car give away fundraiser - Drive For Schools! Every year, the Grand Prize is a brand new car (including tax and license)! If the winner is not in the market for a new car, they will be awarded $25,000 cash instead! There will be MANY other smaller prizes awarded as well. Tickets are 6 for $25, and all money goes directly to Panther Club to support the school.
Box Tops for Education – Ongoing throughout the year. We’ve turned Box Tops collections into a fun competition between the classrooms where the winners earn a prize at the end of the collection period. We usually raise about $400+ each year. Learn more about collecting Box Tops for Education here where you may also find coupons for your favorite brands.
Panther Pantry - Ongoing. The Pantry sells snacks at after school sports events. While only a few years running, it has already been very successful! The money raised helps to fund PE class supplies and after school sports (pays for officials & prevents us from becoming a “Pay to Play” sports program). The Pantry can always use cash donations for supplies, a person to assist the coordinator in the stores operation (opening & closing for home games) and volunteers to run the pantry during games. The Panther Pantry raises THOUSANDS of dollars to keep after school sports free for SLVMS students. This can’t be done without the help of parent volunteers.
Halloween Dance – October. Every year, the Panther Club sponsors a Halloween Dance. This dance requires a LOT of excited and creative parents getting involved in the decorations & coordination. If you would like to coordinate (or join a team of co-coordinators, please contact a member of the Panther Club Board).
Back to School Night - September. Baked goods /bottled drinks are needed for our bake sale table.
Ink Cartridge Recycle Program – Ongoing. Just drop off any brand of ink cartridges at the school office and we well get store credit at Staples to purchase office/school supplies. We use this program to keep the office supplied with copy paper. We purchase classroom supplies with any additional credit earned thought this program.
Donate Tissues / Hand Sanitizers / Bleach wipes/ Copy Paper – Ongoing. In middle school, it’s hard for one family to donate supplies to 6 teachers. Certain classes do need specific donations (Science, Art, etc.) but we found that every class has the same need for copy paper, tissues, hand sanitizers, and bleach wipes (especially during the cold season since classrooms do not have sinks). If we can keep them supplied with these items, they can use their school allotments for other special needs for their class.
School Dance Chaperones and Panther Club snack bar help – Dances are organized through the school and parents are needed as chaperones. This is to help ensure that dances are a safe and fun environment for all. Parents mainly monitor the doors (to make sure no one is trying to sneak in) or help run the Panther Club snack bar. Discipline is handled by the staff chaperones. Sign up for one or more dances though Volunteer Spot!
Winter Carnival – December. Approximately eight parent volunteers are needed to help count tickets at the end of the carnival (around the lunch time hour) for about an hour.
Staff Appreciation Events – August, December/Jan, May. The Panther Club sponsors three Staff Appreciation events per year. The “Welcome Back Staff” event in August is generally a light lunch or a continental breakfast. The event in the December/January time frame is the “Winter Staff Appreciation Luncheon” and the event in May changes from year to year. All of these events are arranged and provided for by parent volunteers /The Panther Club.
Classroom/Office Supplies Funding – Every year The Panther Club donates money to each classroom for supplies. The Panther Club also regularly approves funding of purchases for additional office and classroom supplies as needed throughout the year.
Open House – May. Food trucks and a silent auction to support programs at SLVMS!
8th Grade End of Year Activities - June. Parents of 8th graders are needed to coordinate both the 8th grade fun day/picnic at Camp May Mac AND the 8th Grade only Dance. Planning should begin no later than the beginning of May. Contact a school administrator for more information.
Honor Roll Ice Cream Celebration - Each Quarter. Volunteers are needed to help with set up, ice cream scooping and light clean up. Yes, you will get you see your child be honored for their accomplishment!
Picture Day Help – Panther Club finds parent volunteers (2-3) to assist on school picture days.